CHURCHES AND PARISHES
ASSUMPTION PARISH AND ANGELS
A clean and recognizable sound invites us to continue our visit to the Parish of Our. Mrs. Assumption and Angels.
It occupies the center of the square of the old Villa. It is of medieval origin and was built by the brothers of Calatrava over an ancient Muslim mosque became dedicated to Santa Maria degli Angeli in 1241, date of the conquest of the city by Fernando III.
The interior has five naves organized by rows of stilted arches 44 columns of red marble and covered by barrel vaults.
The altarpiece, work of Melchor de Aguirre, It is made of red marble and black, by the renowned architect Jose Granados egabrense project Barrera. The central niche hosts the likes of Ntra. Mrs. Assumption, grenadine work 1693.
Also of note is the carved wooden choir and organ situated therein.
CHURCH OF SAN JUAN DE DIOS
Strolling we find the Church of S. Juan de Dios. Although its foundation dates from s. XVI, the fundamental structure is the s. XVII. It was attached to the convent run by the brothers of the Order to 1835. The cover, carved in stone, sober, It presents the image of S. Juan de Dios. Inside we see a single nave with cross vault and dome at the end, It is very significant developments of its abundant cornice. They also highlight the beautiful altarpieces that adorn the temple.
PARISH NTRA. LADY OF REMEDIES
In the Plaza de Aguilar and Eslava we find the Parroquia de Nuestra. Mrs. Remedios. It is a small temple built on the ruins of a chapel of s. XVI dedicated to Santa Ana. It is worshiped to one of the most venerated images of the city, the Virgen de la Soledad, by Pedro de Mena which was acquired in Granada in 1663. The cover, dated 1729, It gives us access to an interior square plan divided into three naves.
The presbytery is covered with a beautiful dome decorated with abundant plasterwork as complicated litter, work of Antonio Alvarez and the greater altarpiece camarin. This was golden 1744 by Francisco Ponce de León, ten years after its construction.
CHURCH OF SAN JUAN BAUTISTA OF CERRO
In the picturesque square of Santa Maria Maggiore, in the neighborhood of Cerro, we find the Church of San Juan Bautista, levantada sobre restos medievales. Datada aproximadamente en el siglo XVIII. Realizada en tres naves separadas por columnas que soportan arcos de medio punto. Bóvedas de medio punto con lunetos, bóveda de media naranja en el crucero y dos bóvedas de cañón a los lados. Esta Iglesia nos ofrece en su interior una peculiar pieza. It is an altar (shaped stone pilaster) what, in Gothic characters, consecrates the church to St. Mary's 30 May the era 688 (650 d.C.). This is the epigraphic manifestation of the oldest Marian devotion of the diocese of Cordoba and one of the few of Andalusia.
PARISH OF SANTO DOMINGO DE GUZMAN
Santo Domingo was the first convent of Cabra, founded in 1550 from a small chapel, call the Doctrine, s early. XVI.
The current work reflects the imprint of reforms from different eras, especially the second half of the twentieth recovering the altarpiece with the likes of Santo Domingo.
The brick facade has a cover in white limestone with two marble columns whose capitals support a niche with the image of the Purest. Remarkable is the impressive height of the barrel vault.